currently provides two programs to our region.
Peace Region PCs
provides computers to unemployed or underemployed people.
Readiness Training is a group based 10 week
program providing a variety of employment related skills
This is a pilot project whose
objective is to provide people with overhauled, donated
project is for unemployed or underemployed people who do not
have use of a computer.
re-homing PCs, we can help people develop computer skills,
access the online job market, and become employed.
receiving a computer must have access to the internet or be
willing to get it.
receiving a computer are asked to give back to the community by
choosing an organization to donate volunteer time.
Computer skills are very
important both in finding work and in doing most jobs.
Having reliable access to a computer will help build and
maintain people's computer skills. The computers received
from this program will come with some training in its use and
information materials for later reference.
An added benefit of this program is that it
reduces electronic waste.
you to Lake
View Credit Union for donating PCs and providing
financial support from their Community
Social Responsibility Fund.
you to North
Peace Saving and Credit Union for donating PCs and
Readiness Training for
Unemployed Workers in
This is a
10 week program to help people enter or re-enter the
program begins with 6 weeks of group based activities to help
people be prepared to find and keep employment. These
Workshops that lay a foundation for employment
- Personal assessments to help individuals make a job choice
that will fit for them
- Basic skills which are useful both on the job and in our
personal lives such as:
- Wellness skills including:
Motivation and success
- Making an individual plan for work now and in the future
Assistance with successful job search and employment
- Job search tools such as resumes, cover letters, and
- Employer expectations, labour market information, and
networking for job search
upgrading and computer skills.
Following the group based
workshops, participants will enter a four week period geared
to the needs of each participant's individual employment plan.
This may include:
- Completing short term skills training or certification
- Researching and obtaining necessary work gear
- Work experience (paid or unpaid)
- Supported job search
- Support while beginning paid employment
- Continuing to practice and improve skills such as writing,
computing, and interviewing
- Continuing to move forward revising and carrying out the
individual's work plan
- Unemployed, non-EI eligible
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Wanting new skills for employment
- Committed to finding a new path to employment
is it offered?
This program rotates through communities in the Peace Region
including Dawson Creek, Fort St. John, and Chetwynd, BC.
will the next intake be?
contact us to find out the next start date in your community.
is the program?
is a 10 week, full-time program to help people become employed. Sessions run from 9 am
to 4 pm, Monday through Friday with an hour off for lunch.
do I apply or get more information?
Please call us at 250-782-2628 or
1-800-905-9933 for more information or to find out about an
intake interview. Intake
interviews will happen in each community a short time before
each intake start date.