#2, 929 - 106 Avenue
Dawson Creek, BC V1G 2N8
Office Hours: 8:30 to 4:30, Monday to Friday
(There might not be anyone here over noon hour.)
Fort St John
Our Job Readiness Training for Unemployed Workers in Northeast BC program is periodically offered in Fort St John. When there, we use the Carriage Room at the Northern Grand Hotel.
Northern Grand Hotel
9830 - 100 Avenue
Fort St John, BC
Staff are available locally only when an intake is occurring.
For more information call:
We have varying needs for employees depending on the number and types of contracts we currently hold with funding agencies. With any of our positions, a key requirement is a desire to help people make positive changes in their lives and to be welcoming and inclusive of all while maintaining the guidelines and responsibilities of our contracts and the parameters of the services.
Generally speaking, we hire those who have related training and education for the type of work they wish to do with us. Our jobs are complex and varied in their duties and responsibilities, so a key attribute we seek in employees is the ability to think creatively.
The Obair Economic Society is looking for an Executive Director to provide leadership and management for all aspects of the operation of the Society. The Society provides employment related programs and services to people in the Northeast region of BC; the head office is located in Dawson Creek, BC. The position will require minimal travel to other areas in the region as required by the needs of the programs and services.
The Executive Director will be fully committed to the Obair Economic Society’s mission and values. He or she will have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
• At least a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (equivalent combinations of directly related skills, experience, and training/education can be considered)
• Unwavering commitment to quality programs and services and results oriented evaluation of outcomes
• Excellence in organizational leadership and management with the ability to coach staff, develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage financial processes including budgeting
• Successfully work with a Board of Directors with the ability to successfully integrate into a working relationships with fully established board members
• Strong marketing, public relations, contracting, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and segments of society
• Superior written and verbal communication skills in English
• Advanced computer and technology skills
• Be a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
• Have multidisciplinary project skills
• Be action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and have an innovative approach to planning and implementing society business
• Exemplify qualities of passion, idealism, integrity, a positive attitude, and be mission driven and self-directed
A full job description is available upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 250-782-2628
Closing date: February 15, 2019
Apply with cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com or in person at Unit #2, 929 106 Avenue, Dawson Creek, BC